BlondieChell's Parenting TIp #347: Yell At The Kiddos

  Call me crazy (it's okay...my friends do!) but I have this new theory...Well, more like a plan. Now, hold on to your seats, because my plan is...to yell at my daughter more.
    (I know. I sound like a crazy person...but when do I not sound like a crazy person??) Let me tell you the background on this...as an adult, I've realized that I have trouble being yelled at or talked to in an intimidating manner. I cry. In front of people.  And my daughter seems to be following in my footsteps, so my goal is to help her grow accustomed to being yelled at so that she can learn how to deal with it, or at least not cry because of someone's tone of voice.
    I agree, it sounds rough, but the reality is that life is rough. I would rather protect her by desensitizing her to this now so she can learn how to deal with it and develop coping mechanisms. Right now, part of my recovery therapy is encouraging Hubs & friends to yell at me...because I can't afford to pay someone to lay on their couch.
     This girl also believes that God made mothers to only be able to dish out so much patience and grace to their kiddos until they go spaz....which probably happens at least once a month, lol. (And if you ask anyone if they've ever yelled at their kiddos and they tell you "no", they are lying) So, I'm going for it. In an effort to give my kiddo a backbone and help her learn how to deal with being yelled at so she can grow up to be a successful adult who doesn't cry when she thinks she's going to get in trouble for something minor at work.


Comments