Reflective Answer For Yesterday's Post

    This post if for those of you who have been deeply engrossed in thoughts about how I could possibly perish while running (eww....you're sick....).
    Yesterday I wrote about the randomly mysterious animal (I assumed) tracks I encountered on my morning run.  Today, I discovered that I was wrong.  They were not hoof prints...instead...
    Today is Saturday.  Usually I run four days a week, then rollerblade on Saturday (I take two days of rest from exercising).  However, I had the uncontrollable urge to run today and forgo my rollerblading jaunt.  I think it was God wanting to give me the answer to yesterday's curiosity.
    As I made my way up the hill behind where we live, I heard a cow moo-ing.  It seemed pretty loud, and although I know that there are herds kept near where I run, I had never heard one so far up the hill.  As I continued my ascent, I was greeted by the startling sight of three cows munching the weeds that are starting to overtake the trail.  While I was thankful for some trail maintenance, the realities of yesterday's thoughts flooded my mind. 
     Whenever I feel the need to call 9-1-1, I call my best friend first.  (She seems to know whether or not I actually have an emergency on my hands, so calling her spares me the embarrassment of unnecessary emergenical calls)  So at 6:45 a.m. I asked her if cows wander randomly while being herded to their location.  She then informed me that Colorado is an "open range" state, which apparently means that these huge beasts can graze wherever they choose to.  I eyed them cautiously as I continued my run, grateful that they didn't decide to chase me but were content to just stand where they were and finish their meal (cows can run. I've seen it happen.)

Comments